Current Open Positions
Entry Level BIM Designer – Austin, Texas
|Title:||Entry Level BIM Designer – Austin, Texas|
FDR Engineers, PLLC is seeking a a BIM/Virtual Designer for all VDC specialist/project designs.
- Prepares Building Information Modeling (BIM) and VDC guidelines for projects.
- Assembles estimates, assists with planning and scheduling, assists in cost report set up and forecasting, and issuing change orders.
- Reviews contract documents, identifies conflicts and incomplete design information.
- Develops schematic and detailed level models including modeling structure, interior and exterior architectural elements and mechanical, electrical and plumbing (MEP systems) as applicable.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to interpret construction documents
- Solid background in the construction industry
- Familiarity with cold-formed steel design and light steel framing
- Familiarity with ASTM Standards for light steel framing products
- Experience with structural analysis software and CAD software BIM Structural modeling experience (Revit) is a plus
- Strong to expert use of software such as AutoAD, Navisworks, Revit, Archicad.
- Must have 2 years of experience in the job offered or 2 years of experience in project design or engineering.
Please contact Bryana Quinn at email@example.com or Simon Hoppman at firstname.lastname@example.org with resume and cover letter to apply.
At FDR Engineers, we are committed to providing an inclusive climate without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
At FDR Engineers, we seek to recruit, develop and retain diverse talent understanding that an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and employees will best serve our mission, company, and clients. We are committed to providing an inclusive climate without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law. We believe that embracing diversification among our teammates is critical to our success as a company.