BIM & Panelization
FDR offers a wide range of structural engineering design services for cold-formed steel framing. Architects, engineers, general contractors, and framing contractors obtain greater insight into their projects with FDR on their team. FDR offers Comprehensive Shop Drawings and Advanced BIM Shop Drawing & Estimation Packages. FDR is comprised of the industry’s most knowledgeable, trusted team of CFS design experts to support Shop Drawing and BIM projects.
Comprehensive Shop Drawings:
- Engineered Shop Drawings
- Structural Calculation Package
- Sealed by a Licensed Professional Engineer
Advanced Design & Estimating:
- 3D BIM Model
- Material Take-Off in excel format for all framing & connectors
- Plan Layouts
- Panel Drawings
- Performance Based Design
- Progressive Collapse Analysis
- Blast Analysis of Wall and Roof Truss Systems
to DoD Requirements
3-D Cloud Based Project Collaboration
FDR Engineers’ comprehensive BIM modeling services provide the design and construction team a centralized workspace to efficiently collaborate on the construction of your next steel framing project.
Benefits of 3-D Cloud Based Project Collaboration:
- Comprehensive 3-D model that includes all steel framing and connections.
- Review and comment on a full 3-D model from anywhere using your computer, tablet, or mobile phone.
- Project plans are updated instantly for the entire team to ensure the most accurate information.
- Improved quality and accuracy in the field.
Example Steel Framing BIM Models
Benefits of Steel Framing:
- Lower Costs – Steel framing has the highest strength-to-weight ratio of any building system, results in no hidden construction costs related to fire safety for combustible framing systems, and results in lower insurance rates.
- Increased ROI – Quicker & easier installation with completely straight studs and joists mean less time on the jobsite. Also there are no hight or floor size restrictions allowing for maximal use of land footprint.
- Resists High Seismic & Wind Conditions – Steel is an inherently stable, manufactured material that is both consistent and ductile making it more efficient than wood in withstanding such major events as fire, earthquake & high wind
- Corrosion Resistance – The protective zinc coating over cold-formed steel will last nearly 700 years before the level of corrosion resistance deteriorates
- Mold Resistance – Steel does not retain water and unlike wood framing, cold-formed steel is inorganic and won’t provide a source for mold and mildew.
- Resists Termites & Pests –Termites represent a significant threat to the long-term resilience of a building throughout most of the U.S. CFS is one of the few materials that can resist termites in nearly any climate or building type
- Does Not Burn – The performance of steel components and steel structures in fire has been researched more extensively than any other building material. Cold-formed steel does not burn and will not contribute to the spread or intensity of a fire.